Seasoned dried shredded squid (ojingeochae muchim)
1 package of dried shredded squid (1 pound), hot pepper paste, garlic, olive oil, corn syrup (or rice syrup), sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds.
- Cut 1 pound of dried shredded squid into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Make seasoning sauce by mixing ½ cup hot pepper paste, 4 cloves minced garlic, 1/3 cup olive oil (or vegetable oil), mulyeot (either rice syrup or corn syrup) 1/3 cup, 2 tbs sesame oil in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until it becomes a shiny red sauce.
- Put the squid strips into the seasoning sauce and mix it with a spoon.
- Transfer it in an air-tight container and keep in the refrigerator.
You could serve it with rice as side dish. Sprinkle some roasted sesame seeds just before serving.
Let's prepare a lunch box with the ojingeochae muchim that we learned.
- Cut a sheet of kim (seaweed) in half with scissors and place a spoonful of rice on it.
- Spread thinly, then roll it. Cut into smaller pieces, and you have cigarette kimbap.